Monday, July 27, 2015

Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep

Series: Elemental Assassin #13
400 p.
Publisher: Pocket Books
Published: 7/28/15
Source: From NetGalley and Publisher for review
Keep your friends close but your enemies within stabbing distance. 
One important lesson I’ve learned in the assassination business is that to be the best you have to roll with the punches. Now that I’m queen of Ashland’s underworld—by default, not by choice—a lot more punches are being thrown my way. But I suppose that’s the price of victory for taking down some of the underworld’s top dogs. Good thing I have my Ice and Stone magic to help me survive my volatile new position. Just when I think things are finally settling down, someone tries to murder me during a hush-hush underworld meeting. But the real surprise is how strangely familiar my shadowy assailant seems to be. 
My job is to maintain order among killers, crooks, and thieves, and soon I’m embroiled in a bloody game where the ability to keep secrets could be the greatest superpower of all. My enemies have all sharpened their knives and laid their traps, waiting for me to fall. But this Spider weaves her own webs of death…

My thoughts:

Yes! Another great addition to the series. This is one book series that just doesn't get old with me and I always look forward to getting back with the gang.

In this book I loved getting to know another criminal element that has a connection to Gin's past. I also loved how this one panned out. The adventure is complete but you sense something looming in the background. Yes, we have another arc forming that will most likely take place in the background of the series as the books move forward. Oh and this one is a shocker!

I give this book  4 1/2 stars. This book introduces us to characters I sincerely hope will become more important in Gin's life and I'm curious as to how she will continue to operate as the underworld's top boss. I love the transition of her character and I'm looking forward to more!

29 comments:

  1. Well, hopefully I will stick with the series. If I can keep getting the audios at discount, then I just might see Gin all the way through. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh every time one of yall reviews in this series my head hangs a little bit more. lol I've still not tried them. I need to. I know. One day hopefully :) That's awesome that after so many books they're still so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think you'll LOVE Owen!! :D He comes a bit later in the series than you think.

      Delete
  3. I have seen nothing but great reviews for this so far, I'm excited to keep reading this series, who I do enjoy so far, and get to this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are certainly some great quotes in this series. Nice of you to share. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like there is some great character development going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES MELISSA! I completely agree, this series never gets old. Gin and gang make me happy:) I'm so looking forward to the next book - MORE FINN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're still enjoying these, even after so many installments. I gave up a while back because of romantic drama, but I should probably go back to them. I used to love the action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I think you'll like the development in that area. Especially with Owen. ;)

      Delete
  8. Another amazing story. I can't wait until the next one to find out how it all shakes out. I do love Gin's new roll, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wasn't sure about her role, but now I'm very curious.

      Delete
  9. I keep saying all the time I am going to start this and it is still waiting. I hope to get on board soon as I love her YA stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You SO need to get started. You'll love all the easter eggs in the series.

      Delete
  10. I'm definitely curious as to how Gin's going to handle this new life/title. She's not really a team player.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen so much praise for these books. It's nice to know that it's still good after 13 books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so late with the series I've only read book 1... yeah really late

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, I have so much catching up to do! But I'm really glad to hear that it's still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The characters and the criminal element sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds really good, though I probably won't pick it up >.< I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    Asma @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!